Thursday, May 31, 2007

We, the people

I am amazed to see Behenji taking up the reigns of UP. I am unable to believe that people can vote for her. But then I realize it’s our fault. People like me, the ones who are well educated, don’t vote. I have criticized people for not voting and I don’t understand the reason of their apathy. But then even I don’t have Voter’s Id. Card when I was eligible to have it 9 years ago.

I have realized that it’s our laziness – to stand in a queue for a day to vote for our leader. I always thought that once I become 18 I would cast my vote without fail. But till now I haven’t taken the pain to get a Voter’s Id. Card.

The people who vote are mostly the illiterate ones (or the less educated) who get influenced by these clever politicians. They get lured by promises which are based on caste, religion, and other short term objectives. Now why to blame these people if we can’t take up the responsibility to vote for the right person. Instead, the Election Day is used as just another holiday. And since we don’t vote, we should not complain against the government when it does not perform. It’s not our government in the first place!

It is easy to criticize the politicians but then what do we do to remove them or put the right ones in place. Rang De Basanti talks about joining politics, police, army, etc. to clean up the system. Well that would require too much motivation and courage. Let us first become a responsible citizen. To start with, let’s vote!

What do you think?

5 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 4:29 PM, Blogger bubble said...

straight , aimple and as usual, honest..

nice way to begin a discussion.

Well, my answer is things cannot happen proactively.. they have to be a response to a bad adverse situation.. thats how our society is emerging... it has been reactive at times.. when ever it has been proactive, it has mostly been duped and used by other ppl..

 
At June 02, 2007 1:50 AM, Blogger Rishy said...

achha hai...

next time CAST YOUR VOTE...

like I have done on d single opportunity that I had...

1 observation, RDB has a tendency of appearing in your Thought Process...

I hope we do make a difference when the right time comes...

Baki toh sabhi jaante hi hain ki you have been Ruthlessly Yourself here... Writing the way you express yourself...

Keep Blogging :)

 
At June 02, 2007 3:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Right on guddu..

I've voted once and I remember feeling very proud that day.. But I didnt bother after that without any reason that I can think of. Have also felt very strongly about it.. About the educated ones necessity to vote. No right votes --> No right govt --> No right country :(

She

 
At June 09, 2007 1:53 PM, Blogger Wandering Soul said...

like u always say that i'm negative in every aspect of my minuscle existence, my comment is not much different.

Gud that u had a thought bout it,,,grt infact dat u did think bout it coz most of them dun even think bout it.....bt d real apathy is dat even after such thoughts, blogs come up bt nt a voter id card!!!!

 
At June 19, 2007 4:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

saale alsiiiiiiiiiiiii vote nahin dalta.....baki sab kam ke liye toh time hai tere paas.
jo bhi ho..tune bahut deep baat boli hai..wasie toh mujhe pata hai ki tumko gahraiiiii wali baatein hi acchi lagti hein.....bt this one was good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home