Friday, September 22, 2006

Logic & Emotions

This blog was also written sometime back. I felt that it was incomplete so didn’t publish it. But now I am getting impatient to publish this one in response to a forum. Although I can’t add much to it - may be because I am not in that pensive mood. Also Spirit asked me to give more food for thought so the incompleteness of the blog will give such an opportunity to the readers ;-)

So read on… Here it is.

Ok this one is going to be a real complex one since it relates to the mess in my head. A few days back I had a very interesting discussion with a very close friend of mine about the power of reading others, about thinking logically and not emotionally. Sometime back I thought I am an emotional fool but after discussion with him and knowing his experiences I think I was wrong. I am not one. Why?

He feels he has lost his emotions just because he thinks logically and can anticipate the actions of others. Here lies the catch. When you anticipate too much you become defensive. After that discussion I have not been able to resist myself from using this sixth sense. Believe me, life becomes hell! You don’t behave naturally. You keep calculating each move of yours to match the moves of others. I would explain this with an analogy. We know that there are billions of bacteria around us. Just imagine if we could see them. Would we be able to inhale? Think…..

But why do we think so much? Is it because we feel insecure?

I feel emotions give hope. If I thought logically I should not have any hope left by now. May be this is the reason they have started stressing on EQ more than IQ ;-) But again too much of emotion can also destroy.

6 Comments:

At September 27, 2006 8:40 PM, Blogger Spirit said...

I believe in sixth sense.. And I believe it's logical. It is your reaction to the new knowledge that makes you become defensive. The knowledge in itself is harmless.

But since we as humans are weak inherently, I agree that the lesser we anticipate and project, the better it is for us usually.. Else it results in nothing but losing the present.

 
At September 28, 2006 8:35 PM, Blogger bubble said...

well said spirit.. thimk it completes the blog...
PS - appropriate incompletion.

Will come back and comment again

 
At September 30, 2006 11:56 PM, Blogger bubble said...

"I believe emotions give hopes"
If emotions give false hopes, better face the harsh reality. .. with courage.
Just like logic is the shield for the insecurities that prop up from naked truth.
emotions are a metsphor to the yielding to the charge of life...

all said .. but this.. "there is no point in living if you cant feel the life" ..

 
At October 01, 2006 2:05 AM, Blogger Procrastination Sucks said...

dont want to argue on it.. just one thing.
emotions give u hope or expectations. and expectations are not met (or turn false) only if you dont live upto it.
so emotions give u just hopes not false hopes.
u have met ur career with lot of positivity ( which is inspiring). u have hoped against hope .... why not the same with life ?

 
At October 01, 2006 2:28 AM, Blogger bubble said...

and expectations are not met (or turn false) only if you dont live upto it.
.... can't agree more...

 
At September 03, 2009 9:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

sorry joining late in the discussion. i believe emotions sees no logic and no logic can be validate by emotions. it is difficult to draw a line between wht motive is working behind ur action logic or emotion.cos we always try to prove our emotions by logic.we have emotions thts why we are alive otherwise there'll be no difference between us n robots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home